The foundation was created by Géza Gonda in 1993. Since 1998 it is a totally non-profit organization. The goal of the foundation is, based on a well-established search for talents, to constructively contribute to the creation of equal chances and sometimes to the elimination of disadvantageous conditions for talented young people from Orosháza, its surroundings and for those from the neighbouring countries with Hungarian and non-Hungarian origin, in order to ensure their unbroken educational development and professional improvement.
Specific goals of the foundation:
- To ensure and support the education in Hungary for talented young people from Orosháza, its surroundings and for those from the neighbouring countries with Hungarian and non-Hungarian origin.
- To support the cultural life of the Hungarian population beyond the borders.
- Financial support to talented young people, to ensure their education in domestic and foreign educational institutions. Eventual contribution to foreign scholarships.
- Financial support to the publication and distribution of regular and seasonal publications (i.e. newspapers and essays translated from or into Hungarian language, etc.)
- To fulfil its tasks, requesting contribution by citizens, intellectuals and other experts outside the foundation, sometimes involving them into its activities – applying invited lecturers, guest tutors, the introduction and spreading of the system of guest professors, in order to get talented young people acquainted with as many experts as possible.
- Applying lecturers from the neighbouring countries in Orosháza and its surroundings, supporting their study tours.
- To build out cultural contacts and maintain existing traditions in the twin cities of Orosháza. Information about values of the universal, national, gentilitial and minority cultures, maintenance of the culture of holidays.
- Financial support to the organization and visiting of conferences.
- Organization and financial support of tenders, courses, camps, excursions, contests and competitions.
- Cultivation of the historical and cultural traditions of Békés county, enrichment of the scientific, artistic and literary life.